Saturday, December 13, 2008




~Greetings to all of our beloved Family & Friends ~

So another year has come and gone, so what have we all done with that?
Our family has been very busy this year in our own ways!!!

Ben has been working hard and looking forward to starting a new remodeling contract with a local Toyota dealership which should make a solid work schedule for him for the next few years – we hope. But he does a great job and really likes to exceed when it comes to quality work, which I am sure, will pay off in the long run. He is getting around much better than a year ago and loves to play street hockey with the kids in front of our house. It is so much fun to watch them all play and sometimes I will even join in!!! We all celebrated when the Red Wings won the cup as well, which most of you know we are HUGE fans.

I (Alisa) have been working very hard at my full time job and just recently became a consultant on the side for PartyLite candles which I am really enjoying and making some money on the side. It is nice to have some extra money especially around the holidays!! I just hosted my first Thanksgiving at our home, and if I don’t say so myself, I did an excellent job cooking my very first Turkey!!! Yay for me!!! I had a great time cooking and now know why it is so satisfying for a mother to see the final product and know that their food was enjoyable for the people that she loves. I hope to someday cook for all of you!!!

Elena, now 8, is doing wonderfully in school. She tested a few weeks ago for her reading skills and scored so high for her grade level that they couldn’t even put it on the chart. We asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she told us books, so that was such an awesome gift to ask for. I know that she is going to be so very successful if she keeps this up!!! Elena also was baptized in May and that was a wonderful experience for us all. It is fun to keep watching her grow and learn like she is!!!

Alex, now 4, is such a character. Everything he says has a different facial expression and it is just so cute. He is also very witty and smart. Some of the words in his vocabulary just shock me. He also has such a great memory that he will remind you of things that happened a few years ago. He is such a joy to have around & loves helping with Laundry and his chores.

I hope that this reaches all at a joyous point in time. I know that times are rough for everyone at this time, but know that all of you are in our thoughts and prayers daily and that from our hearts to yours we wish you a very Merry and Joyous Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!

Love to all!!! Ben, Alisa, Elena & Alex Van Frank!!!

No comments:

The Van Frank Family...

We hope that everyone likes our blog!!!

Brave little soldiers!!!

Brave little soldiers!!!
Having fun on the boat!!!

3 of us tubing!!!

3 of us tubing!!!
Yeeeehawww!!!

On the Plane to SLC!!!

On the Plane to SLC!!!
Mommy & Elena!!!

Can you see us?

Can you see us?
Mom & Elena at Temple Square!!

Hold on!!!

Hold on!!!
What a goofball & what a sight!!!

Little Reunion!!

Little Reunion!!
How fun to see Mel again!!!

Korbyn Clyde Sorensen

Korbyn Clyde Sorensen
What a bunch of cuties!!!

Too funny!!!

Too funny!!!
Justin, Cari & Tina (Elena's Panda!)